Twenty Years Later



Of course it’s a day that is unforgettable. We all know where we were, and how we felt.

The beautiful blue sky and the perfect weather sticks with me because what was happening in my mind was a complete contradiction of that perfect sky.

Prior to that day, I thought about politics about once a month.

Now, everyone is MAD!

All the time.

Did 9/11 do that to us?

I’m thinking maybe. Who was on the right and who was on the left meant absolutely zip to me prior to 9/11/01.

Now?

You can’t have a conversation with anyone without quickly finding out what ‘side’ they’re on.

In ‘01 we were still ALL Americans.

Pains me to say, but the only attacks on American soil in the last 20 years have been by Americans.

Shoot outs.

A run on the Capitol.

So damn sad.

I felt empty on 09/11/01.

I think I actually feel worse about things now.

We need to turn it around.

Seems like this downward spiral began 20 years ago today.

We have to figure it out.

And honor those who were lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie