Optimistic?

Hurricanes, floods and wild fires.

Abortion rights, Afghanistan and the Delta variant.

The Tampa Buccaneers, Tampa Rays and Tampa Lightning.

Everything is coming up Roses, huh?

Yet, the one thing that I read that turned my stomach came courtesy of Remington who is trying to defend themselves in the lawsuit brought by the families of the Sandy Hook victims.

Remington has subpoenaed the attendance and disciplinary records of the kindergarten and first-grade children who were slaughtered.

To what end????

I can imagine Remington’s lawyers and their argument:

“Little Timmy missed four days of school in a three-week span. He got what he had coming.”

Seriously!

Explain it to me!!

How are they going to find exculpatory evidence in the records of those poor children who never got to live their lives?

Isn’t that just sheer torture for the families?

I’ve faced questions posed by lawyers. There have been moments when everyone in the room knew that the lawyer questioning me was flat-out lying, but that didn’t deter her at all. She asked the same question over and over and over again, repeating the lie dozens of times. I finally just stopped answering.

And the Texas abortion changes?

On settled law?

Make no mistake, it will cost lives. Of mothers and children.

While abortions may be illegal by this law, they will not go away.

They will simply become more dangerous.

And possibly facing a prison term if there is a miscarriage and then there are questions?

Scary stuff.

My buddy sent all the bad news to me as if he were rewriting Billy Joel’s “We Didn’t Start the Fire.”

“I live in a pretty good neighborhood and Cole struck out 15,” I responded.

Head in the sand stuff…

…but reading the Remington story and the abortion law story back-to-back.

Well, it got to me.

Tragic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie