Norm Macdonald: Legend

Who didn’t love Norm?

I know I did.

He made me laugh in every interview, television show, podcast and movie.

I laughed as soon as I saw him or heard that distinctive voice.

His timing was unreal, and he told jokes that didn’t have the greatest punch line every time but the telling of the joke was hysterical.

He stood up to SNL because he was thoroughly disgusted by O.J. Simpson and he refused to let up on him.

He was threatened: 

“Lay off or lose the gig.”

He didn’t lay off.

His world views were unique. Everyone who ever said anything about him spoke of his compassion.

He died after battling cancer for a decade. No one knew he had it.

When news of his death broke my heart sank. Like it did when Lennon, Carlin, Gandolfini and Robin Williams died.

My buddies, who always shared Norm clips started filling up my phone with great interviews and so many jokes.

Then a surprise:

My son, Jake, who loves comedy started sending me some perfect bits too.

“He was great,” Jake said. “What a talent.”

That sums it all up.

He was a young man.

And while no one gets out alive I feel a little cheated.

Think of all the laughs we are going to miss out on now!

Rest In Peace.

Thanks for the laughs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie