Back to Reality

I didn’t play poorly on Sunday, but I certainly hit some bad shots.

The elusive ability to concentrate was wavering in and out all day.

I didn’t feel loose. I felt tired.

And in golf it’s all about being a millimeter off to turn a great day into a big one.

Then I woke up on Monday morning and instead of going through the mental Rolodex of what to do I started thinking that…

…I should take the day off.

I thought about it long and hard and then…

…I went to work.

Took a long drive to the first job and didn’t want to go in, but a funny thing happened.

I felt at home in my element and as I moved I loosened up. 

“I thought you were going to shut it down,” Kathy texted.

“Ahh.”

And I thought about it in relation to the mediocre round of golf I played.

Every time you get out of bed isn’t going to be a day when you feel perfect or even decent…

…but it’s all about routine for me so I imagine that I couldn’t afford to take the entire day off.

I would’ve felt worse!

Much as I did on the back 9 on Sunday, I muddled through.

We finished on hole 10.

A long par five that has destroyed me from time-to-time.

I had parred it on my big day last week.

“Let’s finish strong,” JC said.

That was a good idea.

I was on in 3 and had a great shot to birdie it.

Left the putt an inch short, but tapped it in.

Life is about showing up.

Giving it all a try when you don’t feel perfectly.

One day after another, I guess.

How many days have you felt great?

Go for it anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie