Sammy Boy!

My youngest is 21 years old today.

That, in and of itself, is crazy.

People told us, when they were young, to enjoy it because the days would just fly on by and they would soon be men.

You know, it’s crazy to say but I worry about them more now than when they were little boys.

Back then, my beautiful wife and my wonderful mother-in-law were always within arms reach.

Now, knowing what it’s like to be a male in the second decade of life…

…well, they’re kind of idiotic!

I certainly was as well.

But we managed to raise three boys who get out of bed and go to work.

If I left an empty can in the hallway it might sit there for a week as they step over it, but they’re all right.

And Sammy boy has always been the heartbeat of the house.

As he goes, we go.

He can bring the love and sensitivity.

He can also bring the chaos and stupidity.

But man, we love him and we worry for him, and we have one standing demand of him:

“Get the clothes off the floor!”

And tonight, I’ll worry…

…as his best buddy, my nephew John has made the trip up to celebrate the big day.

So, now I’ll worry for two…

…and his brothers will join him.

(I’ll be a nervous wreck).

Happy Birthday, buddy.

We love you!

Now, clean your room, and charge your phone!

Because I’ll be texting to make sure you’re good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie