Golf with the Boys!


 I love playing golf.

Always have.

That wasn’t golf!!!

Johnny and Sam were swinging from their heels on every shot.

I can’t even count how many times they swung and missed.

Which is supposed to be a stroke, but we certainly weren’t counting all of theirs.

They hit a few decent shots and even bogied a par 3.

Usually if they got close I would grab their ball and toss it up onto the green…

…and then they would hit their putts way too hard.

I only got aggravated once…

…they disappeared into the woods on 12 and were in there, way too long, in the middle of the hole.

There were people behind us.

“Let’s go! Morons!!” I was yelling.

They came out laughing because they had found a dozen balls.

And there was a single moment that was worth every nickel and all the sweat on that hot day.

Johnny and Sam were flying by me on the cart. Johnny raised his eyebrows and gave me that mischievous smile that I recognized on his father’s face for years and years. 

“You’re going too slow, sunshine,” he called out as he passed me on the left.

Their scores weren’t pretty.

“Want to go again tomorrow?” I asked.

“Yes!” They all answered at once.

๐Ÿ‘Ž 

I’ll be glad to have my usual foursome back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie