Miller with the Save

Miller the cat has become my buddy. Like Melky & Paris before him he has learned my schedule.

But he has a bit of a problem. He sleeps a whole lot after dinner so he spends some nights wide a freaking awake.

Getting to sleep for a flight the next day is a tricky proposition. There’s some worry involved and you sort of sleep with one eye open because missing a flight is less than ideal.

I woke up at 3:49 and even though I was ready to rise I told myself that 11 minutes was 11 minutes, and I went back to sleep.

Miller buzzed my head and I jumped up. Was definitely more than 11 minutes later but the alarm????

What happened to the alarm?

I was afraid to look:

04:43.

“Shit!” Is the only response.

I jumped up and was out of the house by 5:00.

I was lined up to board my flight @ 5:30.

Was back asleep in an exit row by 06:15.

And I thought of Miller.

He had saved me with his usual aggravating garbage!

He wakes me up a couple of times each night…

…it finally paid off.

I let Kathy & Sam know.

“Wow! You don’t ever go back to sleep,” Kathy said.

“Miller came up clutch,” Sam said.

As for the flying?

We are back to full aggravation there. Filled flights, mean flight attendants and security personnel.

(I hate when they lecture you about making sure your pockets are empty! My God, they ask 7 times! I’m not a child!)

And masks on!

Fully vaccinated?

No one cares….

…mask up!

Thanks, Miller…

…a big save!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie