Life is Short

 I kept thinking of the Mellencamp line:

“Life is short, even in the longest days.”

You see, I had a long day that wasn’t normal yesterday.

First off, I worked hard to get the June 22nd release date on my new book, “The Barking Lions”.

A book that was greatly dependent on Big Al, Chris, and Dan.

Got it the release date through Amazon and promptly ordered a couple.

It’ll still take a little while because that’s how it goes, but the day wasn’t normal for a bunch of other reasons.

First, I didn’t feel well.

Felt exhausted and my legs seemed to weigh 500 pounds apiece, but I had work visits scheduled and dinner to make.

Time waits for no one. I can’t just take a day.

So, I struggled and I also had to go to a funeral mass to say goodbye to a great Dad of a tremendous family.

Didn’t want to do that either!

And it was my brother Jeff’s birthday and he isn’t here to celebrate and his son reached out to me to see if I would golf with him when he came to visit this weekend.

“Sure,” I said, even though golf seemed like a pipe dream given how I was feeling.

But life is short!

So, to recap yesterday:

Sad because of a funeral.

Down because of a birthday.

Released a book.

Got everything done anyway.

Despite feeling lousy and then the Yankees blew one in the 8th.

Just a day!

There’s another one today to battle through!

RIP to Mr. Pops.

You’ll be sorely missed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie