Father’s Day

There’s certainly sadness around Father’s Day for me.

Even more sadness this year because a good friend lost a good Dad.

And I mentioned to him that he was now in a club where memories of his relationship with his Dad will greet him somewhere inside each day.

I even hear my Dad’s voice in my own voice when I say certain things to my boys.

Which brings about the joy of being a Dad.

My boys are good guys, but I also see myself in them at their current ages…

…which can be crazy too because I distinctly recall being an idiot then.

And my Dad was always there with sound advice about life.

The kinds of words that I will think about until I leave the planet.

Being a Dad isn’t for the weak either.

Thankfully, my Dad, my father-in-law and my friend’s Dads were all good men who took the responsibility seriously.

Being a Dad means you work hard.

It means you worry a lot.

And as a son who has lost a Dad…

…it’s fairly sad too.

But the thing that can’t be forgotten is that the entire gig is surrounded by love…

…and worry.

There’s a lot of worry too. 

Happy Father’s Day!

Just think of the love today!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie