Hello! I’m a Unicorn!!

 I drive around and listen to a lot of radio.

Unfortunately that means a ton of radio commercials.

There’s one that starts with some guy yelling,

“Hello! I’m a unicorn.”

Needless to say I don’t know what the commercial is about because I can’t change the channel fast enough.

That’s not even the worst one.

There’s one from Bambee.com that has some guy yelling at me for 30 seconds about how Human Resources problems can kill me.

It’s an awful commercial and I’ve nearly driven off the road and into a tree to stop from hearing it.

And it’s been on the radio four times an hour for the last 2 years.

Those are the top 2 worst, but K-A-R-S for kids is also annoying.

That song is just catchy enough to stick in my head all damn day.

Television commercials can be better.

The Geico ones are entertaining. The golf one makes me laugh every time.

“You got a 12 on the last hole,” the one guy says.

“Who’s counting?” The guy answers.

We’ve had a few holes like that.

The classic, of course, is about the old guys trying to be hip and in with the young crowd.

“The waiter doesn’t need to know your name.”

But I think about the poor voice actor who gets the script for the unicorn commercial.

“You want me to yell, ‘I’m a unicorn?’”

“Yes, and make your voice sound like what you think a unicorn sounds like.”

“What does a unicorn sound like?”

“I don’t know. Kind of like a leprechaun.”

“I’m not doing that!”

But the guy did…

…and now I have to hear it 12 times a day.

Worst part?

Now I yell at the radio.

Announcer: “Hello! I’m a unicorn!”

Me: “No you f****ng ain’t!”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie