Happy Birthday šŸŽ‰ Jake!

We were at the family get-together on Saturday and someone asked me how old Matt was.

“27,” I said.

“I’m 28,” Matt, who was standing right there, said.

We argued about that for a little while. Turns out I was wrong.

“I’m 24 tomorrow,” Jake said.

I thought he was turning 23.

And don’t even ask me about Sam.

The thing is, we have a photo of all of them standing together from about 20 years ago.

I miss those guys!

I watched them grow, of course, but it seems like those beautiful children were replaced by these big, hairy men who eat and drink everything in sight.

And I certainly enjoy the men that they’ve become.

We talk a lot about plenty of things. We send each other jokes.

They’re kind and respectful and that’s good.

As for Jake who is turning 24 today…

…he’s wound tighter than a golf ball sometimes, but he also enjoys going out to dinner and trying new places.

He’s well-read, which is surprising to him, but if I ask him about something he’s on it:

“Yeah. I read it.”

So, Happy Birthday to a good guy who was a great child.

Keep working hard and moving forward just as you are doing.

We love you and are proud of you.

šŸŽ‚šŸŽšŸŽ‰šŸŽŠ 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie