Inspired: Dave Neisser

I have, through the years, written non-fiction books including, ‘Counting On A Miracle’, ‘House of Miracles’,  and ‘Oh Brother: The Story of Jeff Fazzolari.”

All were painful endeavors. I’m not a fan of writing non-fiction because fiction is actually fun! 

Non-fiction is work!

Yet, when it comes to family there are moments when you need to step up.

A couple of years ago, some truly disturbing news was received.

David Neisser, a Dad of two, a husband of Carolyn got some devastating news:

Penile cancer.

There was a lot of shock involved. Was that a real thing? How the hell? What the hell?

Oh my God!

Yet, I became interested in helping Dave & Carolyn tell their story when I saw their reaction to it.

Determination. Loyalty. Humor. Love. 

It was all there.

The book wasn’t easy!

Carolyn and Dave provided great information and the extended family all sent me reactions and emails.

There was medical information to read and understand. 

I followed the Facebook page faithfully…

…and I had to feel it.

As I started putting it all together it became apparent to me that I was dealing with a love story.

So much went on.

Dave battled hard, and every time he felt as if he was getting ahead of it…

…the more the cancer fought back.

I have more work to do…

…another edit, perhaps.

…getting the publishing all worked out.

It will get there.

And soon.

A story that I’m proud to share and one that, in the end, is an inspiration.

I just typed it.

Dave & Carolyn and the girls (and everyone else in the extended family) lived it.

Can’t wait until you see it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie