The Yankees Stink

Baseball season hasn’t actually started yet for the Yankees.

They spend six weeks getting ready and for the 3rd time in the last 5 years they’ve showed up to play the games...

...and they’ve stunk up the joint.

The last time they started this badly they won 103 games, and the last time they were in last place they won 125 games, back in ‘98.

Yet when a team is in the middle of a slide like this it doesn’t feel like they’ll ever win again.

I suspect that they will eventually remember how to hit, but I gotta’ tell you, it’s no fun to watch them right now.

Uncle George used to say that Yankees fans have better days when we win the night before.

I am definitely happier on the days following a Yankee win.

I definitely know not to panic.

I also know that guys usually end up producing to the numbers on the back of their baseball cards.

But we are not a patient society and the Yankees fan base is definitely not patient.

On Friday night they threw stuff on the field.

On Saturday, everyone got booed.

I remember being in the stands as Derek Jeter started one year like 0 for 30.

The team had won the World Series the previous October.

Jeter was soundly booed in April.

Crazy!

Mariano got booed at the Stadium!

So, right now there’s no joy in Mudville because everyone in pinstripes is striking out.

I firmly believe that I will be my usual, arrogant, obnoxious Yankee fan before too long...

...but in the meantime...

...don’t ask me about baseball.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie