Come on Baseball!

All my life I have enjoyed baseball.

It’s getting on my nerves. 

My list of complaints?

1). Umpiring:

Ryu of the Jays is a good pitcher. He was getting pitches in the opposite batter’s box. As my Dad would yell on that bad of a strike call: “They couldn’t hit that with a canoe paddle!”

Not just balls and strikes. They missed a call in the Sunday night game, went to replay and missed it again. A Mets player won a game by sticking his elbow out to get hit with a pitch that was actually a strike! Game winning run scored!!

2). The Shift: 

The games problems could all be fixed by making fielders stand close to where they’re supposed to be playing! The Rays regularly use 4 outfielders. That’s not how the game was designed. It was a game that was perfectly symmetrical. Position guys, for sure, that’s part of the game, but it’s out of hand now. It has led to batters just swinging for the fences.

3). Enough with the relievers!

Everyone throws 98. You don’t face a pitcher twice in a game. 5 innings is considered a great outing. They count pitches in the first inning! I don’t know how you fix it, but using 8 pitchers every game has sucked the life out of offenses and the joy of watching a pitcher battle through things.

4). A runner on second to start extra innings? No universal DH? The three-batter rule? 7 inning games for doubleheaders?

Bah!

“You kids get off my lawn!”

Also, Montgomery hit a batter in the first inning the other night.

Both teams were warned!

I remember when Pedro hit the first three guys in the Yankees lineup.

In the wrist.

Two of them went to the hospital.

Pedro pitched the entire damn game.

I just don’t know.

I remember getting aggravated during last years playoffs...

...it’s carried over.

Come on, now!

Fix it!!

This ain’t the damn NFL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie