Making Plans

It all started to go downhill when I received a text on Friday afternoon.

“Your shot is today.”

“Bah! You said it was Saturday.” 

“Yeah. I was wrong.”

So my plans for Friday were changed and all of it made me change my plans for Saturday because I woke up feeling like garbage.

Muscle pain and extreme fatigue.

“Rest and plenty of fluids,” my older sister said.

I tried, but I had plans!

Decided to work my way through it. I gathered the laundry, cleaned the litter box, and went out and push mowed the lawn with the broken down mower that we definitely need to replace.

Turns out that working through it isn’t a great idea.

I caught the end of another lifeless Yankees game (they can start the season any day now) and instead of cooking dinner...

...we ordered Mexican.

I ate pretty well.

(The only thing that went as planned!)

And we have a tee time for Sunday but all I’ve read about is rain.

Whatever happens, I have some built in excuses:

1). The wet conditions.

2). Side effects from shot.

3). A burnt finger - I was soldering sheets of metal in an attempt to rebuild an engine.

(That’s what I’ve been telling people. I actually did it taking a pie out of the oven).

Yet it’s on my middle finger at the second knuckle - right where I hold the club.

So, you got all that, JC and Pops?

I shank anything today and it’s not my fault.

 it’s all about the excuses.

Just hoping that rain doesn’t ruin the plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie