The Case For

The Derek Chauvin murder trial has been in the news non-stop all week.

I haven’t watch or listened to any of it. I don’t see why I should. It’s not exactly a riveting who-done-it, and I was so disgusted the first and only time I saw the video, and that smirk.

What sort of defense could they possibly mount?

Paint George Floyd as a bad guy? 

It doesn’t matter what he did. He was subdued. Passing a counterfeit bill? The punishment isn’t death.

Are they trying to say George Floyd died of a drug overdose?

First off, that would be a hell of a coincidence. He died of an overdose at the exact time someone knelt on his neck for 9 minutes.

Secondly, if someone is potentially overdosing wouldn’t the action of a police officer be a compassionate one?

“He was struggling with an overdose so I tried to save him by making sure he couldn’t breathe?”

Now, I understand that every man or woman has the right to a fair trial and the right to be judged by his peers, but I think I could’ve prosecuted this case.

The murder was filmed!

People were begging for him to stop.

His indifference to the life of George Floyd was summed up in that grin.

There don’t seem to be extenuating circumstances.

The sad part is that some people have already seen enough and are rooting for an exoneration.

I wish I was kidding!

One Facebook intellectual summed it up by posting this pearl of wisdom:

“When Chauvin is found innocent (as he should) I hope the cops (and whoever else needs to) uses all the violence at their disposal to beat down BLM.”

That’s what the guy wrote!!!

He’s a guy I know!!!!

I used to believe he was a pretty good guy!!!!!

Of course, I considered answering, but then I thought better of it.

He was most likely itching for that fight, and if he really believes that cop will be found “innocent” he’s too far gone to persuade to see it clearly.

If that verdict does somehow come back with an acquittal, I will say a prayer for peace...

...and I suppose I’ll have to read about it then because I saw the video.

Clear as day.

Looked like a murder to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie