NFL Draft

Trevor Lawrence has been the number one pick since about 1999, it seems.

Today is the day he goes to the Jags. He could’ve gone to the Jets but they decided to win a couple of meaningless games last year.

Typical J-E-T-S - Jets, Jets, Jets!

Thing is, I couldn’t possibly care less, but I know a lot about it because my favorite sports talk show - Dan Patrick - has been talking about it all week.

And you have to hand it to the NFL because they made it an event.

Quick, when does any other league hold their drafts?

And the thing is, most of the picks will bomb.

Hardly any of the quarterbacks drafted early actually stay with their teams after a few years.

But the league has sold hope!

I try to pigeon-hole my kids into saying who they want the Bills to draft but it doesn’t matter.

Whoever the Bills get will be “the guy I wanted!”

The Bills will do interviews about how:

“We took the best player on the board. We can’t believe he was still there!”

Me?

I’ll be tuned into baseball somehow.

It’s funny but the same people who say that baseball is boring because there’s no action will spend 6 hours over the next two days watching the commissioner read off names of guys hardly anyone knows anything about.

And none of it matters!

The G.O.A.T. went in the 6th round.

All the experts believed he would fail...

...and 8 months from now he’ll be dancing in the confetti again...

...right Pops?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie