The Flintstones

Timing and good fortune has allowed me to watch the Flintstones right after dinner. 

Two nights in a row!

The Wednesday episode was about Fred heading back to high school for two weeks.

It’s such a great show.

Mr. Slate and Dino were featured in the episode and Barney Rubble is the absolute best.

Freddy at the malt shop because he was back in high school as an adult is the absolute best.

And the funny thing is that I’ve seen every episode and can remember all of them. Back in the 90’s I used to head home for lunch and I’d catch the Stones at noon as I did my laundry.

A half an hour of cartoons is the best for driving aggravation away.

What kills me about the old shows is that they all had what are now considered to be tasteless jokes.

Wilma and Betty were the loving wives and Fred and Barney did the whole ‘king of the castle’ stuff.

Barney made fat jokes. Fred did the short jokes to pick on his buddy Barney.

That’s what drives me a little crazy.

I wonder what’s going to happen to comedy. I sent the boys a snippet from the movie Superbad.

It was filthy but hilarious.

“They can’t make that movie now,” Jake mentioned. 

Probably not.

I’m thinking that maybe it will somehow swing back around someday.

We will learn to laugh at ourselves again.

Someday.

Until then we have reruns of The Stones to get us through.

Until someone takes aim at Barney for calling Fred fat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie