A Burger A Month

I truly can’t get over how simple-minded some of the consumers of the news can be.

Last week, Biden spoke at a climate change conference. He mentioned goals related to a reduction of greenhouse gases by 2030.

Someone spun it into a belief that no one was going to be allowed to eat beef anymore.

That evolved into everyone gets a burger a month.

24-48 hours later, the story was everywhere.

Guys on the site were angry.

“He wants to stop people from eating hamburgers!”

“He never said that,” I tried.

(I don’t know why I try).

“Everyone has to drive an electric car. No more gas-fueled cars. He’s gonna’ stop the automakers from making them.”

I laughed, and left.

Forgot about it until I was home and scrolling Twitter.

The one burger a month story was pretty much everywhere.

The gaslighting is amazing to me.

Blatant falsehoods are simply repeated.

The January 6th whitewashing is almost complete.

Kevin McCarthy appeared on the Sunday news shows and completely undersold the entire attack.

To here him tell it, they were barbecuing on the front lawn and the ANTIFA people stirred them up, but thankfully, Trump stopped it.

That’s not what happened.

We are all going to be eating cheeseburgers for a good long time.

(And one a month??? I eat two getting ready for dinner).

We will all be able to drive gas-powered cars.

At least until the microchips they installed kick in.

Then we’ll all be 🧟‍♂️ zombies anyway, so what’s the difference?

🧟‍♀️ 🧟‍♂️ 🧟 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie