Justice Served!

I wasn’t nervous about the decision against Chauvin.

He was as guilty as I’ve ever seen in a criminal case. 

A virtual slam dunk.

But I still don’t have the answer I’ve been looking for since last May.

“What the hell was he doing?”

He murdered George Floyd, knowing he was being filmed.

He knew the man couldn’t breathe. He heard the voices of the people begging him to stop.

He didn’t.

I have just one explanation for what he was doing. He was trying to show all those who were gathered there who was in charge.

The more they begged for mercy the more he played the tough guy.

Of course there was a lot of banter in the moments leading up to the reading of the verdict.

Most of the people who reached out couldn’t find it in their heart to believe that the verdict would be guilty on all counts.

I truly did.

Those same people were thrilled and began texting about hope and a turning tide.

I’m not sure about that either.

Chauvin is heading to prison because it was filmed.

The cynic in me believes that the next one or the one after that or the one after that may end up as ‘Not Guilty’ 

Based on the past.

This needs to be a stepping off point. The police need to be trained in conflict resolution.

Killing people for counterfeit money, or selling cigarettes, or because they have air fresheners hanging over their rear-view mirrors.

Ridiculous.

Incompetence.

So, justice was finally served for once.

Let’s hope it stays that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie