Mental Health Day

I could feel it coming.

Like a freight train.

I needed a mental health day and since Easter hit yesterday I worked April 05 onto the schedule.

A day off.

“What am I going to do?” I asked Kathy.

“Don’t do anything. Isn’t that the point?”

And that is the point. Sometimes, when I think about it, it’s kind of preposterous that we all put in so much time at work.

50, 60, 70 hour work weeks with such little time to spend at home.

When Covid hit last year and everything shut down there was a lot of angst about life actually going back to normal.

But since the start of the year it seemed like there was precious little time for the little things and I kept thinking:

“I need a day.”

So, here’s the day.

In bed until at least 7:00 which is sleeping in.

Coffee while I watch the morning news programs.

Then planning and making dinner and seeing what the boys are up to.

Kathy is getting her first shot.

Miller and Paris will be thrilled to have me around all day.

If work calls, I’ll answer it and push it off until tomorrow.

I’m going to try not to think at all.

Episode after episode of Blue Bloods or Chicago Fire.

Not climbing anything.

Just relaxing.

Like we did last March and then I’ll be happy to go back at it tomorrow.

It can wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie