Ten Years Down the Road

Sam was just 11, Jake was 13  and Matt was 16 just ten years ago.

Now that they’re mostly functioning adults it’s hard to recall that we had to do so much back then.

Now I’m looking at ten years from now.

They’ll be in their 30’s and mostly done with us.

And I’ll be retired.

Which is weird to me. My Dad once told me that he always felt like he was the same age...

...well into his 50’s. He couldn’t believe he was as old as the calendar told him and that’s mostly how I feel about it.

I’ll be 57 this year?

That seems weird to me.

So, I didn’t have a lot of ambition yesterday as I took a day off, but that was weird too.

I got a few emails and calls, and I answered them without stress.

The day moved pretty slowly.

I watched King of Queens and House.

I hit a bucket of balls, did some work in the house, made pasta.

But I also planned out the rest of the week, knowing that I’d be working.

Which allowed me to feel productive.

I’m thinking I might get bored if there’s nothing to plan. A good buddy of mine is now retired and he keeps telling me how great his life is.

He walks a lot, reads, listens to podcasts, watching the good shows.

I’m going to need to transition a bit before I can get to that stage of relaxation, I guess.

I have time.

But man, 10 years just flies on by.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie