Writing Update

Things have been a little quiet writing-wise over here on South Lyth.

Doesn’t mean I haven’t been working on a few different things. The problem has been that life itself has just felt a little off.

I don’t write real productively unless I feel clutter-free and there’s a tendency to rush things or write garbage when I don’t feel mentally right.

Adding to that is the unsettled market. It’s weird, but nationally we’re worried about eating, staying healthy and making our political views known to the world.

I’m not going to write about Covid-19 or a tell-all about Donny T.

So, unsettled.

Where are we at?

1). Pathetic 

This was an effort that was written after reading a mystery by Raymond Chandler. I like it and it’s finished - one more read-through after the edit. If someone put a gun to my head I could release it in 2020.

Won’t do it.

2). Non-Fiction book on a battle with Penile cancer.

Yeah. A tough write. Yet, I took on the work because it’s a battle being fought by a good family and awareness to a sensitive subject is always interesting to me. I also like to be challenged and non-fiction is always a real challenge.

Where am I at?

A lot of the writing was complete, but the story wasn’t! 

I have to go back in for a little while. Then edit, re-write, edit again and figure out a few other things.

Like the title!

80% done???

3). The Crime

John Sandford is one of my favorite writers. If you were to glance at one of my bookcases you’d see at least 40 Sandford books in there.

The Crime is a nod to him and has been my release in 2020. I’ve written it, on my phone, without plotting it to much. 

Just writing as if I’m reading it myself.

The reason I’m giving this update is because last night I dreamed the rest of the story.

That’s always good...

...to get help from your brain while you’re sleeping.

That book is also about 80% done.

Finally:

4). The Barking Lions

Was brainstorming this one with a few friends of mine.

As kids and young adults we all played softball together. We also grew up and faced a whole lot of life.

We fell in love. We lost parents and teammates. We got sick and hurt and we battled back.

I can’t wait to get to this one!

As a matter of fact, I wrote the first chapter, and then set it aside.

I have to finish the rest first...

...let me know when the dust settles enough for me to get back on schedule.

I’ll keep you updated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie