Dogs Versus Cats

We have a couple of new routines around here since Miller the Cat took over the house.

First is pet time.

That’s when I go up to bed. All three animals follow me for the night time ritual.

I have a little snack for Melky and Paris as Miller settles on the floor and watches. Then all three jump on the bed to say good night. Paris is the overly affectionate one.

Then I say, “Okay, bed time,” and Paris and Miller leave the room.

Second is ‘look out the window’ time in the mornings.

It’s Melky’s window. For the last, nearly 15 years, Melky has owned that window. She has ruled the neighborhood from that spot.

Now she shares the window with Miller. In fact, Miller is there first in the morning. I open my eyes and there he is. When he sees my eyes open he meows.

Now, the differences.

Cats are not affectionate. We call him King Shit because he moves around the joint as if he is the one paying the mortgage.

He meows when he sees someone, but when I try and pet him he races away. If I pick him up his claws come out and he shakes until he’s free.

But he doesn’t hide his feelings very well. When someone leaves the house...

...he sits by the door and basically screams for a good five minutes.

You always know where you stand with a dog. I get the feeling that a cat finds most people interchangeable.

Except for me.

The cat loves me.

(He’s a big fan of Sam as well).

Cats don’t beg for food either, which is kind of weird, and they don’t have to go outside...

...but don’t tell Miller that.

He LOVES going outside and he has become insistent about it.

“Are you seriously getting up to let the cat out?” Kathy asked as I told her to pause the movie.

“He wants to go,” I said.

“He pisses in a box!”

But, out he goes.

I go get him after a half an hour or so and he bitches as he comes in.

As for the dogs...

...they don’t love him...

...but they don’t hate him either.

Miller, on the other hand, wants his presence known to both dogs.

And there you go.

I’m a cat fan.

Gotta’ end this now...

...Miller wants to go out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie