I Was WRRRR....

My boys don’t remember the old episode of Happy Days when Fonzie has to admit to Richie that he was wrong.

All of us at 50 or approaching it remember it, of course, ‘cause we all watched Happy Days and Henry Winkler as the Fonz was the biggest star in the land back then.

He just couldn’t admit when he was wrong.

I had a strange Sunday...

...got up and golfed and made it home in time to see the Bills jump out to a 14-3 lead, but then I had to head to the airport to fly out.

Kathy and the boys were watching the game and they were getting loud.

“Josh Allen looks great, right?” Jake asked.

“He’s completing long passes now,” Sam added.

But I couldn’t answer them because I had spent the first two years of Allen’s career mentioning that he wasn’t the answer at QB.

I was wrrrrr...

By the time I got to the airport it was 21-3.

By the time I boarded the plane it was 28-3.

Allen threw a pick.

“See,” I thought.

Twitter exploded saying it wasn’t a pick at all...just a horrible call.

By the time the plane left the ground it was 28-10.

I thought about the excitement of seeing the Bills come of age back in 1989. I was a Kelly backer. A lot of people thought he was too pig-headed to ever be great.

Could Allen actually be a great quarterback in the making?

Was I actually wrrrrrrrrroo...?

The plane landed. Just a short flight to get to another freaking airport. I clicked on the CBS Sportsline app.

Rams 32 Bills 28

Bills had the ball and the clock was running out.

A-ha!

Surely the kid would blow it and I’d be able to razz the boys another week.

TOUCHDOWN!

Final score:

Bills 35 Rams 32.

They’re 3-0.

Allen has thrown for over 1,000 yards.

Ummm...

Here it is, boys (and my beautiful wife)

I was wrrrrrrooon...

...can’t do it!

(I know it took the Fonz all episode to get it done).

All right.

I was WRONG!

(If Allen starts sucking I reserve my right to change my mind).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie