As My Stomach Turns

Trump is out doing his rallies.

The Covid-19 implications aside...

...it’s all disturbing stuff.

He does a little rant about not getting news coverage from the media for his Nobel prize nominations and I guess he’s trying to be funny, pretending that he calls the First Lady to say he’s coming home from work early so they can sit in front of the television and soak it all in.

His cult eats it up.

It’s embarrassing.

And what is most sad about all of this is how embarrassing it is.

He does another rant where he mispronounces the name of the vice presidential candidate to make her sound more black or Muslim or some thing.

Just mispronounces her name over and over as they cackle in the audience.

Stomach turning.

And, there’s a lot of the appeal.

I try not to listen, I really do, but it’s actually all over the news.

Lately he’s also been doing a skit about the reporter that was hit with a tear gas canister fired by the United States government. He mimics the reporter dropping.

“That was great!” 

They all cheer.

Every single time I think of something I used to think of when I was back in 9th grade as we learned of Hitler coming to power.

“How did it happen?” I wondered. “Didn’t the smart people stop it?”

November 3rd.

The smart people have to stop it.

“We would’ve been in a war with North Korea,” he said. “It would’ve been nuclear. A lot of you would’ve died.”

And they cheered that stupidity.

Turns my stomach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie