It Just Keeps Coming

A couple of weeks ago I got into my car and turned the key...

...nothing happened.

Now, I’m not much of a gear head, but I knew that the battery was dead, and despite my limited knowledge in the area, I can jump the battery. 

I got the keys for Jake’s car and got the car going.

“We need a battery,” Kathy said.

“Yeah. I’ll go after work.”

I got home in the early afternoon and headed up to write the daily reports before heading out.

Got done and went to the driveway, fully intending on getting the new battery. 

One problem.

The car was gone. Kathy took it to therapy.

Bah!

By the time she got done I didn’t feel like going.

Next day, I jumped the battery again before heading out on the golf trip.

Jumped it six more times before I had the next chance to take it in.

We called the place and they gave us a good price to replace the battery. They said they would install it and even pay us for the old battery.

Perfect!

Except I got there and the guy said:

“We can’t install it in that model of car.”

“Dude!”

Nothing I could do. Dropped it off at another place and paid another $70 to install it. (I told you my knowledge is limited).

But whatever! 

All set. We settled in and Jake and Sam headed out to play basketball. Kathy got a call.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

Oh boy.

Jake’s car broke down.

“Are you kidding me?” I asked.

“Sounds like a fuel pump,” my wife (who is more knowledgeable than me) said.

We towed the car.

Jake was seething. 

“Dude, that’s life,” I said. “It just keeps coming at you. We’ll get it fixed.”

Cut to Thursday morning.

My car started right up. I hit the 190, listening to Bruce, ready to face the day.

The truck in my lane threw a rock.

It hit hard!

I saw the small crack in my windshield.

Bah!

Drove a few miles. Hit a job site. Got back in the car and the small nick in the glass was now 2 feet long.

“Are you f****ng kidding me?”

I was seething!

Walked in the house.

“Life comes fast,” Jake said. “You gotta’ be ready.”

2020

Man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie