Crystal Ball

Sometimes you just want to take a peak ahead at what might happen.

I thought of that when Trump said that the transfer of power may not go as peaceful as we’ve always expected it to go in a Democracy.

I’m someone who believes that time is too important to wish away, but I certainly considered looking into the crystal ball to see how it plays out...

...that and the fact that these 40 days are going to seem to be an eternity.

Yet, what will America look like in five years?

Can’t I get a look at that?

Will we be looking at a time when abortions are being done in back alleys again?

Will people have healthcare?

Will the financial divide between the haves and the have nots continue to grow?

There was never a whole lot of thought in regard to the presidential contests.

I distinctly remember going to bed the night when Carter beat Ford. Dad had let me stay up late to watch the returns because, hey, I was a 12-year-old who was fascinated by it.

Everyone got to vote!

Everyone’s vote counted!!

I recall Carter making his acceptance speech. He was gracious.

I also remember Ford conceding. I had a bit of a soft spot for Ford. 

He seemed like a nice enough man, and although Dad and I were firmly in the Carter camp...

...we didn’t have hate in our hearts for Ford.

I’m not quite so sure when things got so toxic...

Bush Sr. seemed like a solid American and while Reagan was like a trusted grandpa...

...my grandpa wasn’t a fan and he educated me on the horrors of trickle down economics.

But until last night, I never felt threatened by an election.

And instead of looking back...

...I want to look forward...

...and feel as secure as I did back in 1976 when Dad said goodnight after Carter was declared the winner.

Imagine peering into a crystal ball back then and seeing 2020 in full view.

I’m a little embarrassed in the country since then.

I hope there’s still hope in that 🔮 ball.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie