Forget Something?

A buddy of mine captured the feel before an early morning flight:

“Sleeping with one eye open ‘cause you can’t miss it.”

It’s true.

I always sleep lousy before a early flight, but I heard the alarm at 4:00 and had plenty of time to get ready.

Left the house in good shape around 4:50. Started my mental check of everything I needed to do my job.

It hit me instantly.

I left my suitcase in the stairwell!

“Are you f***ing kidding me!”

I was through the tollbooths and needed to turn around. Was so pissed at myself that I actually missed the first exit where I could turn around.

I had my wallet and my phone and my computer. Did I actually need the rest of the stuff in the bag?

Work boots and hard hat? All of my clothes?

Yeah.

I needed the bag.

I turned around.

Kept looking at the clock.

An hour to go.

I raced home and it also hit me that I had locked the door and didn’t have a house key.

One more thing:

My foot was killing me!

No idea why...didn’t hurt during golf...woke up that way.

Time check:

5:17.

“In and out by 5:19,” I told myself.

I broke into my home.

Grabbed the bag and raced to the car. Gunned it to the airport. Ran from the parking lot. 

I was huffing and puffing as I showed my license to security.

“Relax,” he said. “You have 25 minutes. That’s plenty of time.”

Thankfully, I breezed through security and my gate was right there.

By 5:55 I was on the plane.

My own row.

Mask up and ear buds in.

Western Stars by Bruce.

We left the ground at 6:12.

I was asleep by 6:15.

Great start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie