Bruce’s Birthday

So my buddy Bruce is 71 years old today.

I’m sure I’ll celebrate it with a few songs, and maybe even a drink. 

We have been toasting him on his birthday for at least the last 35 years and I know I’ll hear from a few friends and family members today;

“Don’t forger Bruce’s birthday!”

The 71 after his name is making me nervous. He’s getting old! Yet, I also know that he will make music until the day he leaves the earth and that there will be a lot of music released after.

He has a whole lot in the vault.

Thing is, this year I’ve thought about it a lot because the one song he released on his previous record, “Moonlight Motel” is about a guy looking back...

...at decay.

A once healthy relationship, at a once dynamic place, broke down and was nothing but a mess.

You can hear the pain and longing and man...

...that song hit me hard.

Of course, that’s the circle of life and at 71 years of age Bruce appears to have adapted pretty well.

He’s writing songs that an older man should write.

Some might find it odd that fans go out of their way to say ‘Happy Birthday’ to a celebrity that you’ll never meet...

...but it’s Bruce!

He’s part of the family!

Happy Birthday, Boss!

Hope you have 71 more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie