The Sun On My Face

My back hurts.

My feet are buzzing, and work has been pretty busy, but the sun has been shining so brightly every single day.

The yard looks decent. The ball is coming off the club properly (most of the time) and my tan is dark.

There has been so much darkness in the news.

So much bad news.

Sick and unemployed people.

Lies being sold as truth.

But every day has been clear and bright.

I’m not sure that we’ve seen rain here in two weeks.

When I was in Kansas the temps were in the mid-90’s.

Hot and dusty.

Played a round of golf on Friday. We normally tee off in the early hours but we went off at 11:30.

Hot!

And I was battling the sore back most of the way, but was playing all right.

The course we play most often has three challenging holes to finish.

When we pulled up on 16, I filled my hat with ice. We were telling two guys who have never played the course that 16 is the hardest hole on the course.

“I had a par putt here last week,” I said. “I missed it, but that’s the closest I ever came to par. Hate this hole.”

I hit my drive down the middle.

And here comes the funky part.

I had found a club sitting on the 10th hole. A six iron.

“How far out?” I asked my cart mate when we got to my drive.

“175,” he said.

“I’m gonna’ try the club I found,” I said.

Put a great swing on it and it cleared the hazard and I found my ball on the fringe in two.

Two putt and if finally par the bastard hole from hell!

I hit the putt with all three of the members of my 4-some watching and when it left my club I was disappointed. 

I hadn’t hit it.

Good thing ‘cause it dropped on the last rotation.

I pumped my fist like Tiger and the three guys I was playing with cheered for me.

A birdie!

On the hell hole!!

A few hours later, I texted my buddies:

“Remember when I birdied 16?”

All the soreness, tiredness and fatigue slipped away.

Damn!

I love the heat!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie