Clean-Out

Sam has been gone for about ten days.

He’s due home soon and for the first nine days I stayed well clear of his room, but I also knew, down deep that I was missing my chance.

To actually clean the place.

Now, he will clean it, now and again, but it’s the short version of a cleanup.

He stuffs things here and there, out of view. I knew I could make some major improvements with him out of my hair.

Thing is, both Matt and Jake left their rooms without actually clearing out their things.

Since about 2003!

I found a box filed with Scooby-Doo toys.

There are still Barney videos down there!

Now, Sam has a couple of major problems when it comes to organization:

1). He’s not big on actually putting his clothes away. He has plenty of dresser space, but he also still has clothes that he wore back when he was watching the Barney videos.

And his biggest problem:

2). Socks!

He has socks everywhere! I’m not sure if they match, and he doesn’t actually care much, but somewhere along the way, he has gathered a few thousand pair.

They are now all in one drawer.

Yet, the thing about cleaning up and getting organized is that there is seemingly no end to it.

I finished up his room after work on Tuesday and I immediately began thinking about other closets that are congested.

(Including my own, but don’t tell anyone because I’m considered the best one).

“We should paint those rooms,” Kathy said, knowing that just giving me a suggestion usually leads me into a frenzied leap into the task.

He’s due home by Saturday.

I see even a single sock on the floor by Monday and he might be headed straight back out the door.

What color should I paint the rooms?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie