Hot Tub Fiasco

We bought a hot tub a few years back.

Sam loved it. He made it his home office of sorts, but then last summer Sam, my nephew John and Sam’s buddy Ben destroyed the cover by wrestling on it.

They didn’t tell me at first and then Sam tried to limp his way through it by heating it for hours before he went in.

Then I saw it.

I decided that tough love was the way to go. Told them that they would have to figure out where to get a new cover.

They didn’t do a damn thing.

So, I let it sit there, but it was bugging me. Then a few weeks ago, I mentioned it at golf.

“Fix the cover,” my buddy Scott said. “It’s just a piece of rigid foam. You should be able to get your hands on that.”

Was at a job and mentioned it to one of the supervisors.

“Damn, I had a piece,” he said. “Just returned it to the office.”

Cut to early this week. I was having lunch with my buddy Bob and we were across the street from a pool store.

“I need a piece of rigid foam,” I said.

“I have two,” Bob said. “Come get em.”

On Friday I went to a job that was less than a mile from Bob’s house. I picked up one piece because it barely fit into my vehicle, but:

“That’ll work,” my nephew John said.

They got to work.

Sam cleaned it.

John inserted the foam.

“We’re in business!” John announced.

“Uh, kind of,” Sam said. “We got a slight problem.”

“What?” I asked.

“I lost the plug.”

“What plug?” I asked.

“The one that keeps the water in the tub.”

So, we aren’t up and running just yet.

Anyone have a plug?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie