Confederate Flags, Redskins & Indians

The speech at Mt. Rushmore was, by all accounts, bizarre.

There was a great effort spent in trying to get people all up in a dander about statues being removed.

Not sure where I fall in the politics of the issue, but I don’t care about Andrew Jackson or any of the losing generals during the civil war.

I never actually understood the desire to fly the confederate flag, but it didn’t enrage me when I saw it either.

Yet, if you’re flying it because you have a racist agenda...

...that’s weak.

What I found bizarre about it was that it seemed like an agenda. 

Like being racist or at least stirring up racist thoughts is the campaign strategy.

Yet, it was such a nonsensical slur fest that I just skipped over it. Listen to the audio...

...he was definitely impaired somehow.

4th of July, racial overtones with Mt. Rushmore in the background, taking up for the confederacy.

Ignore it.

But Monday was a brand new day and one of the tweets was an attack on the black race car driver.

Racism as a strategy.

The next tweet went after the Redskins and Indians issue.

He’s for the racially charged names.

Who could have guessed that??

And I know enough by now. The racist stuff is meant to throw people off the scent of:

1). The Covid mess.

2). The Russian bounty.

3). His tax returns coming.

I was a little bored by it, to be honest.

He’s not going to pick up new voters. People have more to worry about than old statues. 

And most importantly he’s down double digits in all the polls.

So, I’m thinking he’s gonna’ be a little like the drunk guy who gets thrown out of the bar and as the bouncers are delivering him to the front door he’s screaming about how unfair it all is.

Toss him into the street and let’s get on with getting back to it.

Confederate statues and sports nicknames...

...seriously...

...no one cares.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie