Strangest Times

Just listened to the new Stones song featuring Jimmy Page.

Imagine someone mentioning to me, back in 1977 that the Stones and Page would team up 43 years later.

They were calling them the Rolling Bones back in the 80’s.

Got home yesterday and the television was already on to a news station. I was getting tacos ready for dinner and the Coronavirus briefing started.

Almost chopped a finger off slicing onions when Trump’s voice made it across the living room and into the kitchen.

“I banned the flights from China, all right, saved a million lives.”

I couldn’t do it. 

Almost killed two dogs and a cat trying to get to the remote.

So I missed the part where he wished the child molester well.

We are living in strange times indeed.

“How’s work feel for you,” I asked one of my golf partners.

“Hard to get into it the same way,” he said.

“Same here,” I confessed.

“A lot of us feel that way.”

Tomorrow is opening day!

Nearing the end of July.

I love baseball but it’s hard to get into it.

“1,000 deaths from the virus yesterday, and we haven’t yet felt the 4th of July spike,” a talking head said.

Ah well.

The new Stones/Page song is called “Scarlet” and I don’t know how Jagger did it but he sounds better now then he did in the 80’s.

God Bless them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie