Mary Trump’s Book

I couldn’t resist any longer.

On Saturday night we were watching a movie and I decided to order the book written by Mary Trump.

It’s a page-turner and I felt uncomfortable all the way through it. 

I once worked in a family business where there was a whole lot of money being made and socked away by the old men in charge.

There was a lot of fear running through that place. Every worker felt it.

I didn’t.

I believed that they were spoiled, and kinda’ nasty. 

Fred Trump seemed to be a real picnic. He didn’t appear to have much love for his family. All of his children lived in absolute fear.

Thing is, old Fred didn’t spend crazily. Instead, he worked, cheated the system, didn’t pay taxes, and ruled with an iron fist.

The relationship between Fred and Donald was a match made in heaven. Donald’s niece believes that her grandfather didn’t think much of Donald.

No one did.

His mother wasn’t a fan.

His behavior towards his siblings was abysmal.

He tried to steal all the money and squandered millions while living as if standards of human behavior were for others and not him.

None of it was in the least bit surprising.

When it’s read in the backdrop of what’s going on now it’s absolutely terrifying.

As I finished the book, early on Sunday morning, I wondered if any of it would make the least bit of difference.

They cut their brother’s kids out of the will. 

Donald took away their health insurance.

They cheated every single tax code known to man.

Discriminated against every race of people.

Mary Trump is hard to not like. She tells the story in a deeply informative way.

She was cheated out of a whole lot of money, but she notes that she wasn’t writing the book for any other reason to try and save the country.

She posts a warning near the end saying that if he is somehow re-elected it will be the end of our democracy.

I believe that too.

I personally wouldn’t put him in charge of my dog’s water dish.

They’d die of thirst.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie