Oh My God! They’re losing!!

I certainly can create my own problems sometimes.

The Yankees played and won on Thursday and then, in between games 1 & 2 every other team in their division lost so I posted a shot of the standings, asking all who was in first place.

Then the Saturday game started and man, there are a lot of people watching baseball!

Every time the Nationals got a hit I got a message.

“What’s wrong with the Yankees?”

I laughed a little.

Baseball is a game that is played every day. Even in this short season they will play most every day and of course, there will be wins and there will be losses.

In a regular year every single team loses 60 times!

So, I’m conditioned to follow the soap opera of a season and so far it’s been a blast, checking scores of all the games, seeing how my hitters are doing for my fantasy team.

Makes the rest of 2020 interesting, I hope!

“Who cares?” Someone wrote. “They’re all a bunch of kneeling idiots.”

I laughed at that too.

If they’re kneeling at every event where the anthem is played, and if Moms are standing in the streets looking for peace of some sort...

...maybe it’s not the protesters who are on the wrong side.

I’m so sick of all of that anyway.

Was tired of it about two years ago.

Americans have the right to protest.

Many men and women have died for that right.

And of course, everyone has the right to voice their displeasure with kneeling.

So, the issue is settled.

Stand, kneel, whine about people kneeling, or get up in the center of your living room and place your hand over your heart.

Doesn’t matter to me.

But I know why it’s happening, and that unrest is more concerning to me.

You want to punish yourself and not watch the NFL or NBA or NHL or MLB or NASCAR or MMA or the WNBA or the Oscars or the Grammys or even the evening news where you’re liable to see people unhappy with the current state of affairs...

...then have at it.

But maybe somehow the real reason for all of it might dawn on you.

In the meantime, I have baseball to watch!

And yeah!!!

The Yankees took it on the chin.

Back at it tomorrow, and the next day and the next day and the day after that.

Just stay healthy, boys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie