Life Is Better With Sports

We played golf on Sunday morning and we all had some good moments. 

None of us are good enough to par each hole so we try to keep it going as a team.

I carried the first few holes, JC had two in a row, Pops rolled in a birdie, Scott hit a twisting 40-foot putt.

All in all, a lot of fun and I am really striking the ball well. I don’t get it either because I hurt before and after each round, but while we are playing, I feel good. Sun on my face, and I might be getting stronger. 

💪 

When I got home the Yankees were on and they were down 2-0.

Jake stopped by, Sam came out of his room, and Kathy kept an eye on the game being played in an empty stadium.

The two dogs and the cat were scattered around the room.

“That a boy, Gleyber,” I said when he hit a homer to cut the lead in half.

I got up to let Melky out.

“Voit just tied it!” Sam called out.

The crowd was going wild!

2-2 game.

“It’s actually well done with the announcers, and the sounds of the game,” I said.

“Life is better with sports,” Jake said.

24 hours later, 14 members of the Florida Marlins tested positive for Covid-19.

“Damn it!” I said when I read the headline.

The Yankees had held on to win on Sunday. They were supposed to play the hapless Phillies starting Monday (I still love Didi).

And nothing!

“How will they ever play football if they can’t play baseball?” One guy asked.

“How will kids fill a school room?” Another guy chimed in.

There has to be a way through this.

Sean Doolittle of the Nationals summed it up well.

“Sports are a luxury for a properly functioning society.”

If you think about that...

...chances aren’t great that any of these leagues get through their schedule of games.

Lord knows we aren’t actually functioning properly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie