Missing

There was a moment as I traveled through Logan Airport in Boston when I thought:

“What in the hell am I doing?”

For those who don’t know, airports are pretty empty. Most every shop or restaurant is closed.

There are about ten people at each gate, spread about as far apart as you can get. All masked up.

God help the man who coughs or sneezes!

I cleared my throat - I drove a long ways and sang a bunch of songs along with Elvis, Bruce, Mellencamp, Stones - so my throat was scratchy.

A woman got up and moved away.

I also stood in front of an elevator as it opened. It was a huge elevator that held a man, a woman and a child in a stroller.

I took a step in and the woman said:

“Would you mind waiting for the next one?”

It aggravated me!

The elevator comfortably holds 20 people - huge! - she wanted it to herself, her husband and her little dopey kid!

“What am I doing?”

“Why am I moving around?”

“What do I miss the most???”

I miss seeing my extended family! Cookouts at Jim’s. Seeing Mom at a picnic. Hanging with Corinne & Chuck and John and Carrie and all the cousins and nephews and nieces!

We skipped a graduation party - never even considered going!

I miss baseball games when I’m on the road.

I miss eating at a restaurant!

I miss seeing people’s faces.

And missing things sucks because time is the real currency.

We lost precious time with my sister-in-law.

Everyone stayed away from her so she had a chance at being healthy.

She died...

...the last months of her life alone.

And Americans should be angry!!

At poor leadership.

At those who can’t be bothered to do what science dictates.

Other nations actually did flatten the curve!

They did beat it!!

Us?

We’re just sitting here, missing out on life, arguing about our freedoms!

What are we doing???

I miss really living.

Can’t we make a plan???????????????

Instead of worrying about who likes who better?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie