Your Face is Killing Me

We should’ve asked for a group rate on leg surgeries.

I’ve had 4.

Kathy just had number 2.

Jake has even had 1.

And the wait before Kathy’s surgery was brutal...

...for me.

I’ve never been a patient man.

Tell me what time something is happening. Then let’s get it done. Move on to the next thing.

I sat in a hard chair reading the new Stephen King book, (which is excellent) ‘The Institute’, on my phone.

I was dressed in my work clothes, on a work day.

(I should be working!)

“It’s your wife!” One of my buddies said. “You can’t go to work! You have to be there!!”

The nurse popped her head in...

...Kathy was snoring.

Surgery should’ve started by now.

“You doing all right here?” The nurse asked.

I didn’t want to tell her about my impatience.

“Fine,” I said. “Did she remember to sign the ‘Do Not Resuscitate’ form?”

The nurse looked like I slapped her.

I laughed.

Then she laughed.

Kathy woke up.

“My knee hurts,” she said.

“Your face is killing me,” I answered, and then laughed.

A joke that I first heard 50+ years ago.

A classic!

It always works!!

Kathy did the fake laugh...

...and that made me laugh.

“Are you working?” She asked.

“I’m reading,” I said. “What can I work on?”

“A novel?”

There’s an 💡 idea!

See ya’

Wouldn’t wanna’ be ya.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie