Back to School

Every four years I have to sort of re-up on my OSHA recertification for my job.

What is kinda’ sad is that this is the 7th time I’ve had to sit through the 3+ days of training. On the last day we get to stand up in front of the class and make a presentation.

I don’t really have to prepare anything.

I can pretty much do every topic off the top of my head.

Experience prepares you.

What’s funny about it is that the teacher will most likely be someone I taught along the way. That’s how it worked 4 years ago, and when he saw me he said, “just don’t cause any trouble.”

Me????

In the past I’ve taken my re-up elsewhere.

I went to Arizona once...

...to Long Beach another time.

This time?

I had no choice but to book 3 nights at the Holiday Inn in beautiful Binghamton, NY.

Ah well.

It’ll be good to not climb ladders for 3 days, and the conference is in the same hotel as where my bed will be. I can just hang out and take an elevator to the class.

“We have a bar onsite if you feel like partying,” the hotel clerk said.

I laughed.

I definitely used to party at these sessions.

“Those days are behind me,” I said.

“You’re never too old to party,” the kid said. I figured him to be about 25.

“That’s what I thought 30 years back,” I said.

“You need a wake-up call?”

“Nah, I’ll be awake 3 hours before I have to be.”

This time, he laughed.

He thought I was kidding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie