Bruce is 70! Happy Brucemas!!

Years ago a 66-year-old ironworker was climbing a column.

I was about 30 years old at the time. I marveled at his strength and agility.

“I hope I’m in that kind of shape when I’m your age,” I yelled up.

“You ain’t in this kind of shape now,” he said.

Bruce Springsteen is 70 today.

He’s still in good shape, and I probably shouldn’t worry that he’ll stop performing any time soon.

“What are your future plans?” Bruce was asked recently.

“Another rock record and a tour with the E Street Band,” he said.

As the boys might say:

“Let’s go!”

But I’d be lying if I said I won’t think about Bruce on his birthday...

...I’m not alone.

His fans have turned it into a holiday.

Brucemas!

I’ll listen to E-Street radio all day.

Jeff used to call me first thing every Brucemas morning.

We had more than a couple of beers back in the day.

But what’s pretty funny is that this year, on my birthday, Bruce is returning the favor.

His movie for “Western Stars” is due to be released.

Nice guy, that Bruce.

Happy Birthday, Boss!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie