The Creeper Is Back

When the boys were young they loved the episode of Scooby-Doo where the main villain was ‘The Creeper’.

I thought of it when Brett Kavanaugh came back into the news.

It’s been about 11 months since the confirmation hearings were pushed through for Supreme Court Justice.

“I liked beer. I still like beer. Do you like beer?”

I don’t have to look through my blog posts at that time to recall what I thought:

“He’s a creepy dude.”

Kavanaugh was emotional, defiant and fairly nasty during the hearings. I just remember thinking:

“Why doesn’t he withdraw? It’s a pretty prestigious gig.”

Thing is, his confirmation was really polarizing.

A lot of people were arguing that his conduct, back in college, more than 30 years ago, was not something that he should pay for now.

A lot of others believed that his accuser was flat-out lying.

I went to school in the 80’s. I liked beer. I don’t like beer anymore. I also went to frat parties and had some pretty wild nights.

I didn’t do what the brand new accuser is saying that Kavanaugh did.

As the story goes, a shy, kid from a hard-working family was at a party. The esteemed Supreme Court justice allegedly took his pants off and made this scared girl push his penis away.

Despicable and it probably should’ve been unearthed during the investigation that the FBI pretended to do during the process.

The New York Times is reporting that the woman provided 25 names of people who would corroborate the story.

Are we to believe that all of journalism is fake?

I refuse to accept that on the word of Trump. I don’t get my truth from him. I don’t trust Barr either because he flat-out lied as he characterized what Mueller was trying to say.

So, here we are.

“Here comes the Creeper!” I used to tell to the kids, and they would shriek in fear.

It’s gong to be another long week...

...and I don’t want to hear from Kavanuagh.

I already know he likes beer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie