Sick of Football Already

Was everyone enthralled with the Antonio Brown garbage?

He got himself tossed out of Pittsburgh, skipped the entire summer of practices with his new team, finally showed up and went off because he was disciplined.

It actually looked like he might suit up, but then he went off on his bosses and they finally fired him.

And, of course, he ended up in New England where Hoodie and Brady will turn him into a Super Bowl Champion.

Yawn.

I was in a class this week and on Thursday they were all excited:

Football is back!

“Who’s playing?” I asked.

Everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

“Packers-Bears! Should be a great one.”

It wasn’t.

Yawn.

I didn’t even flip over to it. I was watching the Freddy Mercury movie.

“How was the game?” I asked on Friday morning.

“Horrible. My favorite part of watching commercials is the 8-seconds of football in between.”

I tried to be enthusiastic for the boys. We went over their predictions for the Sunday games.

“San Francisco against the Cards,” I asked.

“Wow! There’s a great game,” Jake said.

And the schedule is littered with them.

Who cares?

I’ve said it for years...

...if people weren’t betting on it and if it wasn’t played on Sunday in the winter...

...it would be as interesting as curling.

Antonio Brown is on the Patriots with Josh Gordon.

Yawn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie