You Been Feeling All Right?

As you know, I love my massage therapist.

I missed my appointment two weeks ago because of illness so it’s been a full month since I visited with her.

She was working on my right calf when she asked.

“Are you feeling  all right?”

“No more shittier than usual,” I said. “Why?”

“Your ankles are swollen and there’s a lot of swelling in your back.”

“Eh, what’re you going to do?”

“You’re in your 55th year, not your 25th year,” she said.

“So, you gotta’ work a little harder.”

She did. I was vastly improved when I walked out of there.

“Try not to destroy it all in one day,” she said.

I heard from my brother about a half hour later. We talked about his physical ailments and a recent surgery of an out of town family member.

It was a particularly invasive surgery on a pretty good guy who is too young to battle such a thing.

“Cancer sucks,” Jim said. “Nice to live your life and get that as a consolation prize, huh?”

We talked about stretching exercises and dietary choices.

“Keep battling,” I said.

“What the hell else can you do?”

I’ll tell you one thing:

The swelling in my back better stop...

...6 months without golf has made me a little cranky!

But it could always be worse, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie