Asleep for Nearly 30 Years

An Emirati woman woke up out of a coma that she’s been in since a car accident back in 1991.

Crazy.

She’s actually awake and participating in conversations after being totally out for 28 years.

I can’t even imagine.

She’d be shocked about a lot of things if she’d been following American culture.

“Who’s the American president? Are you freaking kidding me?”

“Why is everyone carrying their phone?”

“The four-year old kid I was holding is 32?”

“Damn! I’m still tired.”

I wondered about going out like a light now and waking up at the age of 82 in 2047.

She was 32 when she went out.

She’s 60 now.

That would suck, right?

Go to sleep a young woman and wake up as a member of AARP?

I guess that she is probably thankful that she’s back with her family, and the amazing thing is that when she came to, she was yelling her son’s name.

I’d call that pretty miraculous.

The other thing that was mentioned is that she is now able to feel pain.

The son?

He never gave up.

He regularly visited his Mom’s room and at one point in 2018 he had an argument with a friend in the room and she actually went into shock.

She was listening.

Now she’s awake.

Damn!

What a cool story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie