Would You?

We were watching a cop show.

One of the cops was clearing the scene of a drug hit, and he came out of the apartment with a bag of cash.

“There has to be a hundred grand there,” the outside cop said.

“Maybe one-twenty,” the first cop said.

We watched the first cop hand it over and the second cop said:

“I’ll book it into evidence.”

Yeah.

Right.

“How much would you keep?” I asked my beautiful wife.

“I don’t know.”

How about you?

You’re in an obvious drug house alone, and you stumble upon $120,000 in small bills.

Would you take enough for lunch?

Or a car??

Or a condo???

It’s morally wrong, right?

I’m a former altar boy.

A thoroughly honest guy.

Kathy turned it all around.

“Would you take some?”

I considered it and did all of the math in the given situation.

In the imagined scenario I’m a cop who is grossly underpaid. The guy who owns the drug house is dead. He was a bad guy. He made all that cash dealing drugs. The money will be sent to the precinct where someone else might skim it. I have about 30 seconds to make the decision.

Hmmmmm.

I answered my wife.

“Yeah, me too,” she answered.

How about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie