Notre Dame Cathedral Fire

Everything crumbles.

I’ve thought about those two words a lot.

It’s the way life was designed.

Nothing lasts forever.

But the fire at Notre Dame Cathedral was shocking in that it’s a structure that’s stood the test of time...

...dating back more than 700 years!

I’ve never been there, but judging by my social media accounts, millions of Americans have visited.

The art is priceless.

The architecture is tremendous. To see the spires collapse.

Pretty heartbreaking stuff.

The main structure was saved, but the damage will be too much to measure.

So, everything crumbles, but buildings can be restored.

They’ll rebuild it.

It’ll be better than new, but you can’t help but feel that some of that ancient history will be lost.

It’s been a weird couple of years, hasn’t it?

It feels to me that we are losing things.

I wonder what is being lost here in America and it truly saddens me.

We are going to spend two years hearing about lawsuits that are designed solely to hide things:

The Mueller report

Taxes

Pot shots are being taken at American strongholds and the constitution is being tested.

Will it crumble?

Can it be restored??

Will it be as good as new???

I don’t have any answers to any of those questions.

Things crumble.

The Notre Dame Cathedral in flames.

Sad stuff.

Daily attacks on things we hold so dear.

Let’s hope that the main structure remains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie