Hello ☀️ Sunshine 🌞

It’s been a long time since Springsteen released new music.

Five long years!!

Of course, he was on Broadway and that was great, but I have spent a lot of days waiting for new stuff. He writes so well that it inspires me to write as well.

Anyway, it started with rumors from Italy.

The album that he had in the can was set to be released in June. There was even a rumor of one song being released.

Bruce put up a couple of photos of desert landscapes on his Twitter feed and the rumors ran wild.

Yesterday morning I saw concrete proof.

The new record would be called ‘Western Stars’ and the new song would be ‘Hello Sunshine.’

Damn!

I didn’t want to wait to hear it!!

Got in the car and turned on E-Street radio and listened to the old classic, ‘Growing Up’ and then the host talked about the new record.

And then he played it!!

Within three hours, I knew all the words.

“Is he coming to Buffalo?” Kathy asked. “I need to see him.”

She’s been saying that a lot.

The song is understated, like his solo stuff often is, and the tone and writing is just what I need it to be.

New Bruce.

The sun is shining brighter.

Can’t wait for the tour announcement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie