In Plain Sight

We always need a go-to show for those moments when there’s nothing on television except Law & Order SVU.

(I hate that show. The other Law & Orders are okay, but I actually root for Liv & Elliott to get gunned down).

Anywhoha...

...we found a series about witness protection...

...In Plain Sight...

...and it’s good enough. Funny, decent drama, a running story.

The best part of all?

There’s like 5 seasons...

...so no worrying about flipping around.

I do a lot of other things with the television on...

...write, read, keep an eye on baseball, answer emails, set up my schedule, play with the dogs.

But it got me thinking of other shows.

We watch “This Is Us.”

Sometimes it’s a little syrupy.

I still like Modern Family...

...it’s the only decent comedy.

(I got tired of Leonard and Sheldon and the gang sometime in the first season).

Yet, in Saturday morning, when I still wasn’t feeling great, there was a King of Queens marathon on.

I laughed out loud a few times...

...especially when Carrie attacked Doug about being fat...

...and I wondered how that might actually go over these days.

I’m sure that the “I’m offended by everything” crowd would take great exception to the fat jokes, but man, it was funny stuff.

My kids don’t seem to watch a whole lot of television in the traditional format.

They’ll binge a show every now and again, and catch the can’t miss movies, but they don’t appear to stick with one thing for too long.

Their television watching experience is different from ours and ours was certainly different from when I was a kid.

We watched a lot of shows together back in those days...

...I loved the Sunday night lineup that included “All in the Family” and “The Jeffersons”...

...anything went, as far as comedies were, back in those days.

Put one of those shows on now and they’d probably arrest you!

In Plain Sight.

It’s pretty good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie